The Website consists of a campaign that collects user-uploaded photographs (“Photograph”) for display in an online public gallery on the Website. When you (a “User”) upload photography to an Instagram account and tag the photo using the #CharityStripPoker tag, you submit your photos to the #CharityStripPoker aggregated gallery on the Website. To submit photos to the Website via Instagram, you must have a valid, public Instagram account. Only publicly viewable Instagram images containing the #CharityStripPoker tag may be featured on the Website. To request that a photo be removed from the Website, users may remove the #CharityStripPoker tag, or submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a partial list of the type of Photograph that is illegal or prohibited to upload on or through Instagram to the Website with the #CharityStripPoker tag. A Prohibited Photograph includes, but is not limited to a Photograph that:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains explicit pornography, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 13;
- provides any confidential, personal or private information, including telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- contains links to any other URLs, websites, or webpages;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, spamming, or spimming;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords from Users or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to review your submission to ensure compliance with the above requirements. Any submission deemed by us, in our sole discretion, to violate any of the above requirements will not be approved. We reserve the right to reject, refuse to post or remove any Photograph uploaded by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. We expressly reserve the right to remove or revoke your registration and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Website if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you pose a threat to the Website and/or its Users. Our decisions are final and binding.
Participation in the Website campaign is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. The Website is not intended for, and we have no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from, individuals under the age of 18.
3. Use of the Website.
4. No Warranty.
Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The content and information posted on the Website is provided to you “as is” without warranties or representations of any kind. We disclaim and exclude any express or implied warranties or representations, including any warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website to the broadest extent permitted by law. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the timeliness, accuracy, quality, completeness or existence of the content and information posted on the Website. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, for technical accessibility, fitness or flawlessness of the Website. We make no warranties or representations that your use of content and information posted on this Website will not infringe rights of third parties.
You are not authorized to download any content from the Website. If you download any content from the Website, we will not be responsible in any way for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such content.
5. Links to Third Party Sites; Advertisers.
We do not claim any ownership rights in the Photograph that you post to the Website. After posting your Photograph to the Website, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Photograph, and you continue to retain all rights to title and usage. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by submitting your Photograph, you represent and warrant that you have all rights to irrevocably grant to us, our agents, licensees, and assigns and its partners the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the Photo (with or without using your name and/or Instagram “handle”) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, including but not limited to any other online platforms related to the #CharityStripPoker project, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party.
8. No Content Monitoring.
9. Termination of Access.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice.
We are committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and we require all Users of the Website to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not upload any material or content to, or disseminate any material or content over, the Website in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is our policy to terminate privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to us by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
If you feel that uploaded content is objectionable or infringing, we encourage you to contact us immediately. Upon our receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under the DCMA, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the Content in issue. Our designated agent (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is listed below.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
By E-Mail: CharityStripPoker@gmail.com Subject line: DMCA
13. User Disputes.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users of the Website. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
14. Limitation on Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR YOUR REGISTRATION.
15. U.S. Export Controls.
Software made available to you by the Website (the "Software") is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
16. Arbitration/No Class Action.
Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of using the Properties, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action (collectively, “Claim”) arising out of or connected with the Properties, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association for full and final settlement of such Claim, and judgment on the award rendered in the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Such arbitration shall be held in accordance with the Rules for Expedited Procedures under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association or other mutually agreeable organization, before a single arbitrator (with knowledge and expertise of copyright law if the claim is all or partially for copyright infringement), selected by agreement of both parties or by an independent mediator (with knowledge and expertise of copyright law if the claim is all or partially for copyright infringement) if the parties are unable to agree. Payment of all filing, administration, arbitrator and/or mediator fees will be governed by the rules of the American Arbitration Association. In the event that you conclusively demonstrate that your payment of such fees is cost-prohibitive, we will consider in good faith paying all or a portion of such fees on your behalf. An award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered and confirmed by the State and Federal courts of the State of New York, County of New York. The parties agree that any post-arbitration action seeking to enforce an arbitration award or action seeking equitable or injunctive relief shall be brought exclusively in the State and Federal courts of the State of New York, County of New York. You agree that you must assert all claims against us within one (1) year from the date the claim first accrued.
We may give you notice of certain events from time to time and may be required by state or federal law to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and consent that such notices will be effective upon our posting them on the Website or (if we choose to do so in our sole discretion) delivering them to you through email if you have provided us with your accurate email address.